Several people at a southeast Melbourne Woolworths were hospitalised after they reported feeling ill from smelling fermented bread left in the bakery fridge overnight.
Emergency services responded to what was initially reported as a gas leak at a Woolworths centre in Mentone, Melbourne on Friday morning.
A Victoria Fire and Rescue spokeswoman said one of the workers had left bread fermenting in the bakery fridge overnight and fell ill that morning after smelling the food.
The cause appears to have been psychosomatic for the other workers.
Emergency services, including paramedics, ruled out the possibility of a gas leakage.
A Victoria Ambulance spokeswoman said three women – one in her 50s and two in their 20s – along with a man were transported to Monash Medical Centre for observation.