A five-year-old girl has died after choking on a frankfurter sausage.
Imogen Lennon, from Canowindra in rural New South Wales, was being driven home from swimming lessons by her mum on January 16 when tragedy struck.
She was chatting away with her mum while eating her favourite snack in the back seat, when she suddenly started choking, family friend Tamara Harrison explained in a GoFundMe.
“Despite Sam‘s heroic efforts, ringing an ambulance, the help of a passer-by and eventually driving Imogen to the hospital herself (the ambulance was too far away to make it in time) beautiful Imogen passed away later at the hospital.”
The funeral for “bright, determined, loving and sassy” Imogen will be held on Saturday.
A GoFundMe has been set up to raise money for funeral costs and has already garnered more than $21,000 in donations.
“To make sense of such a tragic loss in such a way is inconceivable, there are no words that could accurately describe how shattered Imogen‘s family are,” Ms Harrison continued.
”It is impossible to imagine life without Imogen.
“The burden of trying to find the money to pay for Imogen‘s final resting place and a fitting celebration of her short life is a burden that I would like to remove for this family, while they deal with such an unthinkable tragedy.”
“I have a five-year-old and this really hit home,” one person commented under the fundraiser. ”I can’t imagine what you’re going through and just hope you guys can heal over time.”
Leave a Reply